Monster Stats

Anything you would like to see in the somadev server? Post here!

Monster Stats

Postby Rumz » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:38 am

I've been checking the armory a notice a few thing about the monsters, why people prefer trolls over other monsters, found monster that have real good stats, I remember hunting loads of different mobs on soma.. :)

I also did some research on mob spawns in-game.

what i notice was that on lower end monster before VOD a few changes to there stats could be help and give people different leveling options.

Here a few comparisons

Frost Trolls - Blue ones

596HP
54 STR
35 Def DEX
60 Att DEX

Nearest thing to troll

Earth Elemental
738HP
57 Str
30 Def Dex
30 Att Dex

Now you can see why the trolls are the more favourite mobs + its easy location.

What i suggest is editing the mob to be slightly more like a troll, increasing it Attack Dex to 55, this similar system could be applied to similar mobs;

Werewolves (quite good as there are, but very low spawn)
Lycanthrope (think like 2 spawn)

Stats could be editted to mimic Scale Raptors/Raptors, and lycan drop list same as werewolf(holy,SP,essy ECT.)

They good thing about what you edit, is the armory is a place where it can tell you what monsters are good for you. The recommend monster feature on the site would prove to work as a charm, this could encourage different monsters, drop different weapons at a higher or lower chance..

I.e werewolves drop bows and knuckles, raptor drops sword spear and axes..
i.e lycan drop top and boots, raptors drop boots and helm.
@Rumz

SAY NO TO SOMA PETS
Rumz
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Re: Monster Stats

Postby iSylver » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:41 am

We've already tweaked a few mobs of that range to be more suitable.

Currently we did a breakdown on ratio and you really have to consider the maxexp. If a mob may seem better on the armory it may not be as it doesn't mention the hp and str compared to maxexp ratio which is the deciding factor.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby Raver » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Mayb tweak all mobs so people have to look for new levelling pattern.

I know this wont happen due to time of tweaking mobs and older players like myself stuck in there way!
Last Game: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Alpha Test
Current Game: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test (Phase 1)
Raver
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby sinnuh » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:41 pm

iSylver wrote:Currently we did a breakdown on ratio and you really have to consider the maxexp. If a mob may seem better on the armory it may not be as it doesn't mention the hp and str compared to maxexp ratio which is the deciding factor.

can you give an example im trying to compare and getting horribly confused lol :)

Cheers
Sinny
sinnuh
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby Rumz » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:45 am

I'm sure he was answering to why trolls are better, as stated before think by ghost that Caps are based on your stats compared to the mobs, so if a trolls got populated going to another mob would allow you to still gain stats.

What my main problem was is, all other mobs don't help in the dex favour, meaning other mobs such as earth elementals have low dex, well attack dex.. making the obvious trolls slightly better for the dex range, and possibly better "maxexp"..

meaning most people that decide to go knuckle or bow, would have to hunt trolls for decent gains where other weapons could go else where..

this is why i said to increase the stats, something like earth elementals having it attack dex raised would mean it could be an alternate to trolls when it gets busy.
@Rumz

SAY NO TO SOMA PETS
Rumz
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Postby ghostlord » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:43 am

Rumz wrote:I'm sure he was answering to why trolls are better, as stated before think by ghost that Caps are based on your stats compared to the mobs, so if a trolls got populated going to another mob would allow you to still gain stats.

What my main problem was is, all other mobs don't help in the dex favour, meaning other mobs such as earth elementals have low dex, well attack dex.. making the obvious trolls slightly better for the dex range, and possibly better "maxexp"..

meaning most people that decide to go knuckle or bow, would have to hunt trolls for decent gains where other weapons could go else where..

this is why i said to increase the stats, something like earth elementals having it attack dex raised would mean it could be an alternate to trolls when it gets busy.

Correct on the stat thing, however what I didn't say is that it only counts for STR and INT, those are the deciding factors.

What Sylver is talking about is something that players cannot see in the armory - the iMaxExp in the database, as far as I know this is the decisive factor of, well, how much XP you can get per mob max. In this case XP is both % and stats.
Leader of The_Empire
@Ghostlord - Test server Pos King
@Phawaka - Retired human

Proud board member and mod of Somadev. Play fair, be nice!
Show your love for Soma, tell your friends about it!

Somadev - Blade of Heaven - 31st of August
ghostlord
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Rumz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:37 am

So "dex" isn't consider by the monsters stats? but the STR /soft caps on the mob?

but i hope, D1, D2 get the editted mobs, think should still have the same monsters, giant spiders,skele ect :)
@Rumz

SAY NO TO SOMA PETS
Rumz
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

Return to Ideas & Suggestions