The Test Server

Anything related to the test server.

Re: The Test Server

Postby MCG » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:37 pm

ghostlord wrote:
MCG wrote:Ok so out of these 3 pinnacles of bad things, how many of them have actually been solved, i mean, over the last 4 years of development for SomaDev? Thats my point, these things should have been prioritised and SD could have been released years and years ago. You and dan keep pushing the 'Why dont you do it' - because i dont want to do it? Im not the person that created a website based around soma and made the plan to actually create a long term server, i primarily would guess that Dan and Finito did all this because they WANT to, for Dans future career as far as im aware, im pretty sure all of the stuff he does for Soma is relevant to the degree he has just received.

As far as payment goes, I myself would be more than happy to even pay a subscription fee for soma, and i know atleast 6 people in real life, more over the internet, who wouldn't mind paying a £5.00 subscription fee to get a soma experience like we had back in the day on e-soma. Thats a Fudgesticking subscription fee, id be willing to pay that monthly, for this 2D isometric game, when a game like WoW costs only a few more pounds per month, as would others - if you get some vanity items ingame for sale, Dan could easily make a few £100's just from things like hair styles, weapon enchantment glows, things like guild housing as a premium feature, or even user interface things (The things dans been messing around with). Its simple business, it would literally be a shame NOT to implement these things, if for nothing more than to cover the cost of dan and finito's time investment into the project.

There are a lot of people currently working on Soma, none of them are in it for the money. The moment Soma becomes about money I will gaurentee it will die out or change so much you would never ever get the same value in memories. ESoma was ESoma, even without a lot of changes we can't replace those memories only make new ones with the tools we have (or make the tools in some cases).

If you feel like you can do a similar project, go ahead, go for it. I wish you good luck. Just don't blaim other people for not sacrificing the amount of free time you would. Also, untill proven otherwise I've yet to see someone better than the current guys working on it.

I myself will try my very best to add value to the soma community, what about you?

To be completely frank with you, you've gone from arse licking Dan with some minor points, to just being ignorant and rude for no reason other than the fact that what your saying is wrong. You'll find all this 'hard work' thats been put into the server will not be put to any good use when your entire community fucks off because of the lack of direction that SomaDev has. The only thing about your entire argument that irritates me is the fact you fail to acknowledge even a single truth in what im saying, the main one being your community has effectively given up on you.

Doesn't matter what i do or don't do to add value to the soma community, if it consists of 5 people (the developers).
@Coonan
@Chasm
@Dark_Lucifer
Test server retired

New crafting based website
Still in production <- Mostly abandoned, will complete when SomaDev official launches <3
MCG
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby ghostlord » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:07 pm

MCG wrote:To be completely frank with you, you've gone from arse licking Dan with some minor points, to just being ignorant and rude for no reason other than the fact that what your saying is wrong. You'll find all this 'hard work' thats been put into the server will not be put to any good use when your entire community fucks off because of the lack of direction that SomaDev has. The only thing about your entire argument that irritates me is the fact you fail to acknowledge even a single truth in what im saying, the main one being your community has effectively given up on you.

Doesn't matter what i do or don't do to add value to the soma community, if it consists of 5 people (the developers).

You're telling me the concept of nostalgia and mostly the good memories sticking is false? Nice.
Hard work? I don't recall saying that. They spent the free time on soma whenever they want, purely from their own will and for the love of the game. It's not up to us to judge how much time they have to spend or even how they spend it.

Yes, Somadev has been going slow for years and most of the time Sylver didn't listen. This is mostly due to the fact that Finito still had to debug and build the extentions and many other things. As for Sylver, he doesn't respond well to orders, inpatience or bad wording. Which is fair, but frankly I have annoyed myself in the past. However, with enough patience, reminders and mature responces I did get him to do quite a few things and so did others. Either way he has to balance between people who want an instant wipe and people who want a good test server, which you too were bashing on. Also with the new team in place developer output has doubled.

Somadev isn't the only server out there with potential. My hopes at the moment are set on the PvP server. For the long term I'm still expecting Somadev in due time.

There are ways for non-developers to add value to the soma community. Examples for this are:
- learning and setting up your owns ervers
- the soma wiki initiative
- Soma podcasts
Leader of The_Empire
@Ghostlord - Test server Pos King
@Phawaka - Retired human

Proud board member and mod of Somadev. Play fair, be nice!
Show your love for Soma, tell your friends about it!

Somadev - Blade of Heaven - 31st of August
ghostlord
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby kputnick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi im looking at getting on to the main soma client but every time i try to DL i end up dl'ing the test client, and ones i think are for the main server bring up the login screen but when i try to login it cannot connect to server, even though the main soma site says the server is online. can anyone provide me a link with the main client download that works?
kputnick

Postby ghostlord » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:42 am

kputnick wrote:Hi im looking at getting on to the main soma client but every time i try to DL i end up dl'ing the test client, and ones i think are for the main server bring up the login screen but when i try to login it cannot connect to server, even though the main soma site says the server is online. can anyone provide me a link with the main client download that works?

You have to install the client then add the test server patch and use the somadev launcher, not somagame or soma.exe. All working clients should be in the first post, otherwise post again and I'll see what i can do.
Leader of The_Empire
@Ghostlord - Test server Pos King
@Phawaka - Retired human

Proud board member and mod of Somadev. Play fair, be nice!
Show your love for Soma, tell your friends about it!

Somadev - Blade of Heaven - 31st of August
ghostlord
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby Joshy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:38 pm

I may have mis-read your post but if your saying you can connect to the test client and not the main client then you haven't read through properly... The server is still in its test phase and there is no 'main' client just the test server... There will be no complete server untill thurther notice from isylver or finito, which will not be in the near future...

If I am correct then I saw you in tyt last night asking if your character would be reset once the main server is released. If ever... The answer to this is yes, your character will be wiped from the game and you will need to recreate a char and start again...

Hope this helps...
Awaiting a decent long term official server...
Joshy
SD Pro 2 Star
SD Pro 2 Star

Postby l1zard666 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:29 pm

i wouldnt worry too much about a wipe atm tho server as been up for ages and as far as im aware it intends to be up for a significant amount of time in the future too as for ETA's on the official release there isnt one but i can assure you this wont be anytime soon this is a long term project and user counts are getting ever increasingly higher recommend soma to your friends make a char and enjoy :)
<<<<Black Ops 2 Round 90 TranZiT--- Easter Egg completed (Diff nav cards ;)
-={HazeD}=-
-=SomaDev-L1za®d™ // __6_6_6__ // MrRedEyE66=- -=Ret!red=-
l1zard666
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby Trinzer » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:42 am

Server down at the moment? Just installed the game and i get to character selection and it says connection is unavailable.
Launcher says server is online though.
Trinzer

Postby MCG » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:41 am

l1zard666 wrote:i wouldnt worry too much about a wipe atm tho server as been up for ages and as far as im aware it intends to be up for a significant amount of time in the future too as for ETA's on the official release there isnt one but i can assure you this wont be anytime soon this is a long term project and user counts are getting ever increasingly higher recommend soma to your friends make a char and enjoy :)

Servers been in development for the past 5 years. That is long term. People are tired/bored of it now, past it's prime due to lack of development.
@Coonan
@Chasm
@Dark_Lucifer
Test server retired

New crafting based website
Still in production <- Mostly abandoned, will complete when SomaDev official launches <3
MCG
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby chojine » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Sorry, but what is Dragon Raja?

Just saw it pop up in server related news.

Cheers, Chojine.
Chojine, P-Soma's franchise player.
Soma Haven - lvl 80+ 160+ arm 200+ str/dex H.
D5 - level 99 Chojine H / level 98 Chojineseek D.
Angel - level 100 Chojine H.
Phoenix - level forgotten Chojine H.
RZ - level 80 Chojine H.
WOTD - level 90 Chojine H.
chojine
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Previous

Return to Test Server