Myth of Soma 2!

General Discussion regarding the Myth Of Soma

Re: Myth of Soma 2!

Postby roachee » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:27 am

in SomaVision keeps saying bout some frame thing missing so i think they mite of done somthink diffrent.
but could just be me i was having a look at item.obm and there r a few items ive never seen b4 maybe just cus i aint played long enoth.
can some one find away round to veiwing/converting there man files then we could see if there using any new mobs we can rob :P

/mighty
[url=http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1304533051[url]
roachee
SD Pro 1 Star
SD Pro 1 Star

Postby Miser » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:52 am

What's the error somavision gives? Chances are the new spl's they've made will work in our esoma client.
Miser
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby roachee » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:10 am

file contains no frames

on everythink i try and open

the only thing that seems to work is the blood and stuff like that but i cant get the Armature files or the man files to open
[url=http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1304533051[url]
roachee
SD Pro 1 Star
SD Pro 1 Star

Postby Miser » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:36 pm

It'll probably be a problem with the program converting the frames. I might test the SPLs against my new sprite code and see what happens, might be able to save them as bitmaps.
Miser
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

Postby Milamber » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:59 pm

Miser wrote:It'll probably be a problem with the program converting the frames. I might test the SPLs against my new sprite code and see what happens, might be able to save them as bitmaps.

The file format has been altered, its not specifically an error per se with any of the editors, its just the chinese trying to stop people stealing any content for a short while at least lol!
Milamber
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby MartinB » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Is anyone actually playing this server atm?

I have tried it and it's not terrible. Just difficult with the language problems.
MartinB
SD One Star
SD One Star

Postby iSylver » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Milamber wrote:
Miser wrote:It'll probably be a problem with the program converting the frames. I might test the SPLs against my new sprite code and see what happens, might be able to save them as bitmaps.

The file format has been altered, its not specifically an error per se with any of the editors, its just the chinese trying to stop people stealing any content for a short while at least lol!

Odd, they steal our content and edit the spl's so we don't steal them back? Odd bunch.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby arcanine » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:30 pm

I'd imagine their client reads SPLs differently, to recode the client so that it reads SPLs differently seems like a lot of work to do just to hinder us from reading them, it would also imply they have the means to radically alter the behaviour of the client, and they assume that we couldn't reverse engineer it, I don't think they have or did either.

I'd hazard a guess and say they haven't tried to tamper with the format, the Chinese and European clients were just coded differently originally, which is why it seems like the SPL files have been altered when we look at it, to accuse the Chinese of stealing and obscuration probably isn't a good position for our community to take, particularly without proof.
arcanine
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby iSylver » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:43 pm

arcanine wrote:I'd imagine their client reads SPLs differently, to recode the client so that it reads SPLs differently seems like a lot of work to do just to hinder us from reading them, it would also imply they have the means to radically alter the behaviour of the client, and they assume that we couldn't reverse engineer it, I don't think they have or did either.

I'd hazard a guess and say they haven't tried to tamper with the format, the Chinese and European clients were just coded differently originally, which is why it seems like the SPL files have been altered when we look at it, to accuse the Chinese of stealing and obscuration probably isn't a good position for our community to take, particularly without proof.

We've had numerous occasions where they have taken content and hosted, also I've had the gamemaster of this server on messenger asking for fixes and further content. They use SomaDev as a resource.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby Miser » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:20 am

so that's who that chinese guy was
Miser
SD Four Star
SD Four Star

PreviousNext