Server release date: August 31st 2013

General Discussion regarding the Myth Of Soma

Re: Server release date: August 31st 2013

Postby dannydutton » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:54 pm

iSylver wrote:Regarding GM's online, there will never be a case where a GM is online every hour of every day. However, I've got a couple of people in mind for a hsoma/dsoma advisor that could provide feedback to myself and Finito from the community.

i didnt mean to be every day but atleast once a month
dannydutton
SD Two Star
SD Two Star

Postby iSylver » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Corrupt wrote:Advisors don't help on 10 year old games when the players know every exception to every rule.

I disagree with this, the number of times I was asked questions on "where's this mob?" or "what do i hunt?" qualifies the need.

As for advisors they'd be level 1 characters with minimal stats and the inability to leave peace mode.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby ManCheck » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 pm

I see you are tweaking stat/exp loss on death/getting pked. Also from the notes on the content server I see that res scrolls will not be stackable. Will you be tweaking anything to deter people from pking or do you think the slower moral gains from a 3-4x rates be enough?
ManCheck
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby iSylver » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:39 pm

ManCheck wrote:I see you are tweaking stat/exp loss on death/getting pked. Also from the notes on the content server I see that res scrolls will not be stackable. Will you be tweaking anything to deter people from pking or do you think the slower moral gains from a 3-4x rates be enough?

We don't want to ruin a major mechanic of the game by policing pkers but I do think if moral is slower and harder to achieve it will be a deterrent.

P.S Change log updated.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby ManCheck » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:51 pm

iSylver wrote:We don't want to ruin a major mechanic of the game by policing pkers but I do think if moral is slower and harder to achieve it will be a deterrent.

P.S Change log updated.

Ok cool. How does moral loss work on pk, does it scale on lvl? ie lose more moral points if the char you kill is a lower lvl etc?
ManCheck
SD Three Star
SD Three Star

Postby iSylver » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:55 pm

For stone guards and guards its static for player it's a range based on moral (I need to verify this further).

Also any questions and suggestions I'm in the somadev chat room now (easier to communicate) and better chance of having your changes in game.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby Corrupt » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:55 pm

iSylver wrote:I disagree with this, the number of times I was asked questions on "where's this mob?" or "what do i hunt?" qualifies the need.

Seriously?

I can see why those questions happen on the test server but I can't say I believe you still get questions about what you should hunt at 45 strength and where Raptors are.
Corrupt
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby iSylver » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:54 am

Yep it does happen.

Quick update: Second staff is now an evasion aura also magic sets have had the durability increased.

Contact ingame:
@iSylver
SOMADEV
iSylver
SomaDev Staff

Postby ghostlord » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Corrupt wrote:
iSylver wrote:I disagree with this, the number of times I was asked questions on "where's this mob?" or "what do i hunt?" qualifies the need.

Seriously?

I can see why those questions happen on the test server but I can't say I believe you still get questions about what you should hunt at 45 strength and where Raptors are.

People will feel more comfortable talking to someone about their problems, no matters how small. He doesn't even need to give a direct answer. For instance an advisor could have a group of helpers he can mention to noobs, ie if someone would pm about dsoma they could mention concuss, axor or me and they can help them out further. It might not have a use for you but it will benefit the game and the community.

I agree that advisors shouldn't be able to do much more than talk and go hidden.
Leader of The_Empire
@Ghostlord - Test server Pos King
@Phawaka - Retired human

Proud board member and mod of Somadev. Play fair, be nice!
Show your love for Soma, tell your friends about it!

Somadev - Blade of Heaven - 31st of August
ghostlord
SD Pro 5 Star
SD Pro 5 Star

Postby robot123 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:43 pm

iSylver wrote:
Corrupt wrote:Advisors don't help on 10 year old games when the players know every exception to every rule.

As for advisors they'd be level 1 characters with minimal stats and the inability to leave peace mode.

/like
Sheffielder
robot123
SD Pro 3 Star
SD Pro 3 Star

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion